The Best Restaurants to Try in New Braunfels
Texas and great food go together. It is no surprise then that New Braunfels offers an extensive and amazing choice of restaurants, eateries, and pubs. And no, the food is not just limited to Texas cuisine but is instead, a diverse palate featuring many different types of cuisine.
In New Braunfels, you can find everything from traditional Texan meals, to Tex Mex, authentic German dishes, delectable Asian food, and of course an array of mouth-watering bakeries.
Five of the Best Places to Eat in New Braunfels
- Alpine Haus Restaurant – A city with so much German-inspired architecture is bound to have amazing German restaurants, and this is one of them. They specialize in Bavarian style cooking with influences from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
- Gristmill River Restaurant & Bar – This unique restaurant is not only famous for its amazing food, but also for its location. Located in the ruins of a 100-year-old cotton gin beneath the water tower on the banks of the Guadalupe River, foodies can enjoy great steaks, chicken, burgers, fish, desserts and much more!
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steak Burger – Freddy’s is usually voted as having the best burger in town, but that’s not all it is famous for! Their Frozen Custard which is smoother and richer than ice cream and frozen yogurt is the highlight of their extensive menu.
- McAdoo’s Seafood Company – Once again, rather than just offer amazing seafood, this restaurant in New Braunfels highlights history as well. McAdoo’s is in the restored, century-old Post Office which not only provides an indoor dining area but also a patio with live music.
- New Braunfels Smokehouse – A list of best restaurants in Texas would be incomplete without the mention of a steakhouse. Myron’s Prime is a fancy restaurant with an extensive wine collection which serves you only the best USDA prime cuts.
Gruene Texas Restaurants
The Gruene Historic district is a fun district of New Braunfels and Texas Hill Country which also features some of the best restaurants that the city has to offer. Some of these amazing places are:
- Gruene River Grill – Serving the public since 2004, the Gruene River Grill overlooks the Guadalupe River through its outside patio seating. Apart from their signature seafood, the Grill also serves meatloafs, steaks, and hamburgers to match everyone’s taste.
- Infernos Pizzeria – This Texas local has been a favorite since 2013 and was voted best in New Braunfels in 2018. With more than a few flat-screen TVs, this is the best place to catch the game while enjoying their wood-fired oven artisan pizzas, sandwiches and salads. They also offer the Trinidad Scorpion Pepper which you can try either infused in sauce or on top of your pizza.