A Day in the Gruene Historic District
The Gruene Historic District, located in New Braunfels, was established by Henry D. Gruene in 1872. What was once an area populated by German cotton farmers is now a lively, rustic Texas town and a significant tourist attraction. The Gruene Historic District hosts so much entertainment, making it easy to spend a full day or an afternoon exploring. During your next New Braunfels vacation, make a plan to spend an afternoon in the Gruene Historic District, just 10 minutes away from New Braunfels Leasing & Resorts!
Things to Do in the Gruene Historic District
When you visit the Gruene Historic District, you might be overwhelmed by all the things there is to do. To help you out, we created a guide of the must-see and must-do things while you spend your afternoon in the district. We know you’ll find at least one thing on our list that gets every member of your family excited!
- Gruene Hall: Gruene Hall, built in 1878, is the oldest dance hall in Texas! Many well-known artists have performed here, including Willie Nelson, Gregg Allman, Hal Ketchum, and more. You’ll have a lively night dancing to some of the best country musicians in Texas.
- Gruene Coffee Haus: If you’re a coffee fanatic, you’ll want to visit the Gruene Coffee Haus to fulfill all of your caffeine cravings. Here, they make freshly brewed coffee with beans from Brazil, Kenya, Guatemala, and Ethiopia! Enjoy the shop’s Texas charm rustic atmosphere as you sip on your cup of joe and enjoy the company of your friends or family.
- The Gristmill Restaurant: If you want a bite to eat, you’ll love the Gristmill Restaurant. This infamous restaurant is known for its marvelous tiered patio right along the Guadalupe River, as well as its delectable burgers and chicken fried steak.
- The Grapevine: For 21+ fun, you’ll love The Grapevine. This wine tasting room offers a massive selection of local wines for you to try. After you sample a few wines inside, you can enjoy a glass on the outdoor patio while listening to live music!
- Gruene Antique Company: This massive store is full of antiques and collectibles for visitors to explore. It’s also a great place to get a sense of the town’s history and what makes central Texas such a unique place.
After your lovely afternoon spent in the Gruene Historic District, head back to New Braunfels Leasing & Resorts to relax and enjoy your vacation. We aim to give you a warm, cozy, comfortable, and friendly experience when you stay with us. All of our units are fully furnished with kitchen necessities and linens. We are conveniently located near all of the attractions you’ll want to experience in New Braunfels. To book your home away from home, call us at 830-643-0656.